Downloadable .pdf Recipes
Brunch Dishes Recipe E-Book
The Brunch Dishes e-book contains 13 recipes from the Cooking With Fire product line. Each recipe contains ingredients and detailed instructions on how to prepare this “food with attitude”.
Below is a sample recipe from the Brunch Dishes collection:
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 6 8” (20 cm) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or Cheddar cheese 60 mL, parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add green pepper and
onion; sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent. Add salsa, tomato sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder to vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm tortillas in oven or microwave*.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry eggs, sunny side up, 4-6 at a time, until done as desired (scrambled or poached eggs can be substituted). Remove eggs from skillet and keep warm.
- To serve: Place a tortilla on each serving plate and top with sauce and eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately.
- * To warm tortillas in a conventional oven, moisten a paper towel and place it in the bottom of
a casserole. Place tortillas on top of paper towel and cover with a lid; bake at 250°F (120°C) for
15 minutes. To warm tortillas in a microwave, moisten 2 paper towels and lay 1 flat on a plate.
Place tortillas on paper towel; cover with remaining paper towel and microwave on high for