Downloadable .pdf Recipes
Soups Recipe E-Book
The Soups e-book contains 20 recipes from the Cooking With Fire product line. Each recipe contains ingredients and detailed instructions on how to prepare this “food with attitude”. Below is a sample recipe from the Soups collection:
Fiery Chilled Soup
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled and cut in large cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in large cubes
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 fresh lime, grated rind
- 1 fresh lime, juice of (1 to 2 tbsp. or 15 to 30 mL)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- grated lime rind, for garnish
- Combine cantaloupe and cucumber in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour half of the cantaloupe mixture into a medium bowl. To blender and remaining cantaloupe mixture, add honey, grated rind and juice of 1 fresh lime, jalapeño pepper, cumin and yogurt and blend until smooth. Add to cantaloupe mixture in bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to chill and to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with grated lime rind to serve. Serves 6.
- NOTE: Fresh chiles will lose some heat and reconstituted dried chiles will get hotter when cooked.